Today’s Learners, Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL²) is a highly selective, three week summer program at the University of Cincinnati. TL² participants will learn to better understand Cincinnati neighborhoods and economy, why jobs are scarce in some communities and abundant in others, why some jobs pay more than others, and how individuals from all backgrounds can become entrepreneurs and successful business owners. TL² is not a residential program.
TL² begins June 8, 2015-June 26, 2015!
TL² allows students the opportunity to earn three semester hours of transferable credit at the end of the program. Time is spent on the main campus of the University of Cincinnati and tours at top nationally known businesses such as P&G, Ford, Citi bank, CVG airport and many more. Three weeks of college level class earns you three college credits. TL² is not a residential program.
What You Will Gain:
- Knowledge about the local economy and businesses
- Three semester hours of transferable credit for a freshman economics course
- Understanding of what it takes to run a business
- Opportunity to tour Cincinnati area industries and successful businesses
- Instruction in personal finance knowing how to budget, earn, save, and responsibly spend your money
- Time on a real urban college university campus
- Networking with peers from all over the tri-state with different backgrounds.
How to Apply:
To be considered for TL², students must fill out the application form on The Economics Center for Economic Research’s website.
In addition, interested students should submit:
- at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic advisor who can attest to the students academic qualifications.
- one-page personal statement that outlines your leadership skills and defines your history of academic success.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript.
After submitting the application, please mail the release form (on The Economics Center for Economic Research’s website) from your parent to:
Attn: Adrijana Kowatsch
225 Calhoun Street Suite 370
Cincinnati, Ohio 45219-0228.
Current 10th-11th grade students are invited to apply.
- The Economics Center for Economic Research Website (www.economicscenter.org/tl2)